Emanuel Carpenter



It is FOR and ABOUT authors. Here we shine the light on authors who we’ve read, reviewed and recommend to others. In this edition we are shining our light on another gifted author…



Emanuel Carpenter is the author of the award-winning novel “Where is the Love?” He is currently working on his follow-up novel “Love Comes Apart,” and preparing to publish a newcomer named Jet Black, whose erotic a novel, “Stunt,” will surely be talked about for years.

When Carpenter is not writing fiction, he writes book reviews for the Midwest Book Review and for AALBC.com. He is also the founder of a sales evaluation and training company called Cold Call Sensei. The site is ecommerce related and makes eBooks, White Papers, and a 100-question assessment tool available for download. He has written three sales-related eBooks for the site.

Carpenter also serves as a volunteer for Literacy Forsyth, an organization that helps adults become literate and helps them prepare to take the GED.

Carpenter lives in the Atlanta area with his wife and their two sons.

What is the longest book you ever read? Since I read about six books per month as a reviewer or just for pleasure, it’s hard to choose just one. I guess the longest and most memorable one is “Invisible Man” by Ralph Ellison. I loved that book. But honestly, I don’t normally choose long books. I guess I have a short attention span or just too much other stuff to do. Just get to the good part and eliminate the fluff. I try to write that way too.

What can you always be found with? I don’t go anywhere without my cell phone and something to write on in case I get a brilliant idea for a book.

Michael Jackson or Prince? Good question. When I was a teenager in Detroit, I used to do Michael Jackson dancing impressions at parties and a local skating rink. I could dance my ass off back then. I even had a Jheri Curl for a hot minute. But since Prince made one of my favorite songs ever, “Adore,” and some serious lovemaking music, I gotta go with His Purple Badness. But he can keep them pants with the ass cut out of ‘em.

If you could live in any sitcom, which sitcom would it be? The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.It would be so cool to live with some rich black folks. Plus Will and Carlton had some fine women coming around there like characters played by Nia Long and others.

On the nightstand is...Assuming you mean books and not sex toys or something, “If You’re Not First, You’re Last” by Grant Cardone is on the nightstand right now. Although it sounds like a book about orgasms, it’s really just a cool how-to book on selling. Jet Black’s manuscript “Stunt” is on the nightstand too. You can read his first four chapters on his blog.

If you could run for any political office, what position would you choose? I’d run for mayor of Rome, Italy. I lived in Italy for a year and fell in love with that place. Plus I speak enough Italian to get by. Of course, I’d have to get fluent in Italian to be mayor, which is on my to-do list when it comes to life’s goals.

When I have a lazy day at home, I like to...Sleep until noon, make love, watch romantic movies like Love Jones and Leap Year, eat good food, listen to electronic dance music on my headphones, play games with my kids, and not wash a damn thing on my body.

PRAISE FOR WHERE IS THE LOVE?



“WHERE IS THE LOVE? is a very well written, informative and humorous look into one man's psyche as he expresses his pain of dating and committed relationships.” - RAWSISTAZ™ Reviewers

“Told from this player's perspective, ‘Where is the Love?’ is a candid account of how men view love, sex, and women in a fictionalized tale. Emanuel Carpenter has written a book that will undoubtedly be a handbook for women on the lookout for dogs.” - Makasha Dorsey

“’Where Is The Love?’ is a highly entertaining novel by Emanuel Carpenter. Carpenter's witty, conversational writing style really makes this story come alive for the reader. When reading this novel, I felt like the character was sitting right next to me telling me his story. ‘Where Is The Love?’ also has some uproariously funny humor throughout. ‘Where Is The Love?’ is a fascinating and wonderful read that will leave you asking the author ‘Where is the next novel?!?!’" – Urban Reviews

“This book was hilarious! Freshly envisioned, bold but gentle, sober but arousing--it's one of the few books I was able to get my hubby to read, and he loved it too. I really like Emanuel Carpenter's work and I think he's got what it takes to make this writing thing a regular gig. WHERE IS THE LOVE? proves it.”-  Kola Boof

"’Where Is the Love?’ is an intimate, clever, love-lost story. I found this book to be entertaining and witty. I welcome this fresh new literary voice.” - OOSA

No comments:

Post a Comment