Mz. Robinson

Celebrate with us as we recognize and highlight just a few women making a mark in the literary industry as we bring you…


The Real Housewives of Literature They are mothers, wives, daughters, aunts and sisters, yet they have found time to make a name for themselves and pursue their dreams. O.O.S.A.’s goal is to not only acknowledge African American women in literature, but to educate and encourage others. We hope that you will join us as we recognize, respect and applaud their efforts as these phenomenal women make history or in this case, HERstory!



 



Status: Divorced



Children: None



Books: 12



Mz. Robinson’s love for writing started in elementary school. As time went by she used writing as an escape from her day to day life and a way to keep herself occupied. Her stories became more intense with every new one she told until one day she sat down and created a short story. Falling in love with the characters she created, Mz. Robinson continued to write and develop the storyline until she had a full length manuscript that would later become her debut novel, What We Won’t Do for Love, which she later abandoned because of rejections from publishing companies.


A series of dramatic events took place in Mz. Robinson’s life, including dealing with her husband’s alcoholism behind closed doors and health scares. Overwhelmed with stress, she quit her fulltime job and focused on real estate and her marriage; devoting much of her time to taking care of her family. Shortly after she also returned to her pen, and revisited her abandoned manuscript.


Mz. Robinson has several published novels with many more on the way. She is the CEO of Mz. Robinson Productions, under which her first book is scheduled to be released spring 2014. She is the host of Truth Be Told which airs Tuesdays at 8:30 pm EST on Blog Talk Radio and the founder of I Define D.I.V.A.




Behind the Books



What is your favorite book? “The Power of a Praying Woman” by Stormie Omartian.


What is the writing process like for you? Is it more work? It is more play? When I’m creating my characters, weaving details throughout, and spinning twist it’s both work and play. I have fun stepping outside of reality, playing with the voices, and bringing them to life. It’s work because this is my career and I take what I do seriously. However, when you love what you do, it’s hard to label it as work.


Do you recall the specific moment you decided to make writing a career? Yes, it was during a bad time in my life and I was looking to make a change. I was sitting in my living room thinking of all my talents, gifts, and how I could use them to make my life better; that’s when it came to me that writing was the answer.


Is your writing, on some level, related to your life? Writing has been and continues to be my therapy. It has helped me avoid trouble, recognize and accept my flaws, and moved me to let go of unnecessary baggage. Also, there is a small part of me in every character I create.


What female authors have influenced you? There are a lot of female authors that I admire. However, two that have had an impact on me just through their words and passion for their craft are Iris Boiling and T. Styles.   I recently had the opportunity to interview both of these ladies and I love how they’ve taken their careers to the next level while helping others along the way. Their words of encouragement have inspired me to not only continue to build my brand but to pursue each and every dream I have without fear or regret.



Stay tuned next week as we highlight another phenomenal woman!












No comments:

Post a Comment