Brenda Hampton

Celebrate with us as we recognize and highlight just a few women making a mark in the literary industry as we bring you…

The Real Housewives of Literature They are mothers, wives, daughters, aunts and sisters, yet they have found time to make a name for themselves and pursue their dreams. O.O.S.A.’s goal is to not only acknowledge African American women in literature, but to educate and encourage others. We hope that you will join us as we recognize, respect and applaud their efforts as these phenomenal women make history or in this case, HERstory!



Status: Married

Children: 3, ages 14 and 29-year-old twins

Books: 25

Brenda Hampton, the writer who brings the heat, is mostly known and recognized for creating one of the most addictive book series in literature, The Naughty Series. Hampton’s name has graced the Essence Magazine Bestseller’s List.She was named a favorite female fiction writer in Upscale Magazine.She was also named in the Top Most Admired African American Women in Literature. Hampton's mystery novel, The Dirty Truth, was nominated for an African American Literary Award and her Hell House Series was named 2012 top book choice by the Sankofa Literary Society. In addition to writing, Hampton works as a literary agent for several established and upcoming authors in literature. In an effort to celebrate literature, she created The Brenda Hampton Honorary Literacy Award and Scholarship Fund. The award not only celebrates writers, but it also represents unique individuals who put forth every effort to uphold the standards of African American Literature.



Behind the Books

How do you juggle a career, writing and home? Since I don’t work a nine-to-five job, writing is much easier for me to juggle. I can spend as much time as I want writing, and if I close the door to my office, I can get a whole lot done!

What is the writing process like for you? Is it more work? It is more play? Never, ever does writing feel like work to me. It’s purely fun and very enjoyable. Even when I have to meet deadlines, I don’t feel burdened. I feel like it’s time to play hard.

What advice would you give to female aspiring authors? The same advice I would give to any author—be patient, do your research, read other books, and write every day.

Why do you write? I write because it is my passion. It relieves stress and I have so many people’s stories that I still want to tell.

What female authors have influenced you? Terry McMillan.







No comments:

Post a Comment